Ok! Welcome back to my podcast: The Marketing Playbook with Mark Friedman! Presented by Details Interactive. Here, you’ll take away 3 game-winning marketing plays every episode to take back to your team. I’m your host, Mark Friedman, and my career has been focused on direct-to-consumer marketing; direct mail, physical retail, and digital commerce.
This is Episode #58 and today’s guest is William Harris, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Elumynt. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – follow and leave a 5-star review if you have your playbook!
Podcast Episode #58: William Harris – Founder and CEO of Elumynt
William Harris, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Elumynt, adds his page to the Marketing Playbook. Hear how to maintain a reasonable work-life balance, identify key metrics and measures, make time for compelling content, William’s thoughts on TikTok advertising, and his previous career as a nurse. This episode covers everything analytics to personal life. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What does William think about cryptocurrency?
- How many digits does he know of pi?
- Do new clients know what their targets should be?
- What are the marketing tactics William helps clients with?
- How does he identify where to focus with new clients?
- What changed with iOS 14?
- How is TikTok from an advertising standpoint?
- What is a superpower William wishes he had?
Let’s open the playbook. Ready? Break! Check out the episode, show notes, and pictures below for much more detail.
- [0:26] The Marketing Playbook with Mark Friedman
- [0:28] Details Interactive
- [0:37] Connect with Mark at Mark@DetailsInteractive.com, on Twitter at @DetailsInteract, and on LinkedIn
- [0:44] Connect with William on LinkedIn @WMHarris and Twitter @WMHarris101
- [1:08] Thank you as always to Max Branstetter of MaxPodcasting and the Wild Business Growth Podcast for producing this podcast. You can reach him at Max@MaxPodcasting.com to bring your podcast to life
- William’s Page of The Marketing Playbook with Mark Friedman
- [2:12] What does William think about cryptocurrency?
- [3:07] What is his first story?
- [5:09] What was his previous career as a nurse?
- [6:08] The Great Recession
- [7:05] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- [8:09] API (Application Programming Interface)
- [9:07] How many digits does William know of pi?
- [9:39] How did he start Elumynt?
- [10:39] P&L (Profit & Loss Statement), EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization)
- [11:14] How knowledgeable are new clients about digital advertising?
- [12:23] Do they know what their targets should be?
- [14:23] What are the marketing tactics William helps clients with?
- [15:11] SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- [16:12] How does William identify where to focus with new clients?
- [17:15] Return On Ad Spend (ROAS)
- [19:07] How do you calculate MER (Media Efficiency Ratio)?
- [20:58] Do you have a Direct-to-Consumer business? I enjoy connecting with guests on this podcast because it reminds me what I love to do: strategic and tactical consulting for businesses like yours. If you’d like to speak with me and see how you can add a fresh set of eyes to your team, contact me at Mark@DetailsInteractive.com
- [21:42] How does William advise clients with EBITDA?
- [23:11] What changed with iOS 14?
- [25:48] Revenue
- [26:11] How are smaller clients adapting to the change with iOS 14?
- [27:46] Facebook
- [29:05] How is TikTok from an advertising standpoint?
- [30:53] YouTube
- [32:11] The LEGO Movie
- [32:33] What is a Growth Hacker?
- [34:24] How does William balance in the business vs. on the business?
- 2-Minute Drill
- [39:12] Connect with William on LinkedIn @WMHarris and Twitter @WMHarris101
- [39:50] This week’s 3 Game-Winning Plays are as follows:
- Maintain a reasonable work-life balance
- Identify key metrics and measures
- Make time for compelling content
- [41:06] If you want to check out more pages of The Marketing Playbook, make sure to follow on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts
- [41:17] Connect with Mark at Mark@DetailsInteractive.com, on Twitter at @DetailsInteract, and on LinkedIn
- Theme Song: Jazzy Man Funk Rock – Auditone Music Library – provided by Jamendo
What is The Marketing Playbook with Mark Friedman?
Mark Friedman (that’s me) knows direct-to-consumer marketing. The 30+ year industry veteran has served as the President of eCommerce at Steve Madden, Chief Marketing Officer of Brooks Brothers, mentor to dozens of startups, and even youth sports coach. You’ll take away 3 fundamental tips every episode to help your team knock it out of the park, and draw up strategies for digital marketing, eCommerce, customer monetization, and pivoting with the brightest all-stars in business. Do you have your playbook?
How can I work with Details Interactive?
That’s it! Today’s game ball goes to William Harris. Thank you, Playbook Marketers, for listening. If you want to check out more pages of The Marketing Playbook, make sure to follow on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts. You can also follow us on Twitter at @DetailsInteract and learn more at DetailsInteractive.com. Until next time, The devil is in the details.